We’re looking for a talented Junior / Graduate developer to join our team. Working as part of our fast paced studio team you will with our web development team on a number of digital projects from wordpress/CMS websites to bespoke platform developments.
As a Junior / Graduate developer you should have a knowledge of HTML and a good understanding of PHP/MySQL. Don’t worry, we’re not looking for the finished article. As a junior/graduate developer we’ll be providing a personal development plan, and dedicated training budget, to ensure you have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
You should however have a passion for web design and development, keeping up to date with the latest web trends, technologies and have confidence to contribute to R&D within the agency to help ensure we keep right on top of emerging development techniques (e.g. responsive design, mobile).
You should also have excellent communication skills and an attention to detail to die for.
The skills that pay the bills:
You should have a portfolio showcasing any projects you’ve worked on, showing examples of your skills/experience in (some of) the following :
- front end web development including HTML and CSS
- some PHP/MySQL experience
- experience of using WordPress or other CMS platforms
- use of Object Oriented PHP frameworks
- understanding of web security, accessibility and usability
- knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- anything else you’re proud of!
We’d also love you to be:
- passionate for digital and online technologies
- able to handle multiple projects (often with tight deadlines)
- blessed with a cracking eye for detail
- confident enough to challenge
- passionate for learning and sharing knowledge
- coming to work with a smile on your face
Salary: Up to £18k (depending on experience)
Employment Basis: Full time
Additional: Individual annual training budget (e.g. conference attendance, resources)
Closing date for applications is 20th July 2012.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and CV.