We’re looking for a PHP Web Developer to join our digital team, based in Middlesbrough, to help lead the development of R&D projects and internal products.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established agency and play a key part in developing innovative digital solutions to support our brand projects. Your main role will be to influence and lead in the development of our exciting internal tools and products, and help us to continue our innovation through R&D. You’ll need to be passionate about digital, up to date with new and emerging technologies, and have a creative mindset to help experiment with technologies in innovative ways.
You should have some commercial experience and examples of work, including some live projects to showcase. If you don’t tick all the boxes below but still think you have something to offer then we’d still love to hear from you.
What you’ll need to have:
- a solid understanding of PHP including using MVC frameworks such as Laravel.
- be used to writing good quality code that follows PSR industry standards.
- command line knowledge including using git, and task runners such as Gulp, Yarn etc.
- some level of sysAdmin knowledge and understanding of of Linux based servers.
- experience in test driven development, continuous integration, and be a good problem solver.
- experience in using and integrating with API’s (SOAP / REST).
- experience in using Node.js, websockets.
We’d also expect you to be:
- passionate about digital and online technologies.
- excited and confident to contribute to R&D within the agency and help influence our innovation to ensure to keep right on top of emerging development techniques and technologies.
- keen to learn, love keeping up with technology and sharing knowledge.
- coming to work with a smile on your face (our culture and team should help with that).
- Competitive Salary (dependant on experience) including pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays (which will increase with service).
- Your Birthday off.
- Gifted holidays at Christmas.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget (e.g. for conferences and training resources).
- The latest kit.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email Adam Gatenby, our Digital Director, via email@example.com with your details and CV.
About Better – A little about us.
We’ve put this section last as this job is about you, not us. We do however feel it’s important to to tell you a little more about us to understand our agency. We’re an award winning brand agency and we build powerful and authentic brands that drive business growth and deliver measurable return. We believe branding is not just about cosmetics and marketing, branding is a key part of a business’s strategy.
Being a brand agency means having all the highly skilled people in business strategy, brand thinking, design practice, and digital communications. Our core service is built around our unique BetterBrandBuilder™ process, an engaging and inclusive process designed specifically for growing business who want to develop and evolve their brand.
No agencies please. We know where you are if we need you.