As part of our privacy and cookies policy we will obtain personal data about you such as your name and address whenever you complete an online form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you contact us for any reason. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of dealing with your request.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing – see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below
- fraud prevention and detection
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email) about any of our services which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our agents and service providers (eg providers of web hosting or maintenance services)
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally. We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk.
- Cookies are used for several reasons:
- to recognise you whenever you visit this website
- to speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- to store your personal preferences
- to build a profile about you
- to better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Better Brand Agency Limited
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details) Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at Better Studio, Plenary House, Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough. TS2 1PA, or call us on 01642 989158.